I’m an award-winning freelance Senior UX Consultant with 18 years experience delivering innovative UX solutions for consumer focused products and services that support business and user needs. Designing for a range of industries including Fitness, Entertainment, Financial, Telecoms, Fashion, Games, Learning/ Education, Charities and Health Care across a number of devices including TV, PC games, desktop, mobile, tablet, smart watches and VR. This includes native apps for iOS and Android and responsive web.
I have produced design solutions for the BBC (including BBC News, iPlayer, CBeebies, CBBC, Learning) making a huge impact to how the BBC looks today on all digital platforms and strategically changing the way designers, editorial and developers work within the business. I have also produced work for Virgin Media, Nike, American Express, Capital One, ING, Swiss Bank, Great Ormond Street Hospital, EE and MTS (a Russian telecommunications company with a customer base of 130 million).
I enjoy taking projects from conception to completion by evaluating requirements, current analysis through analytics and research, establishing user stories, personas, IA/ site maps, wireframes from sketching to low and high fidelity wireframes, producing user flows and prototypes to user test during the project life cycle and in some cases the final visual layer.
I have a strong understanding of usability, accessibility and designing for SEO. Ability to problem solve and am an analytical and strategic thinker that adapts to the needs of the client by being equally comfortable either leading and directing the design process or working as part of a design team or independently either within an Agile or Waterfall environment.
- Initiating and driving the delivery of User Experience and Design through leadership, project and team management.
- Strong understanding of usability, accessibility and designing for SEO. Ability to problem solve, analytical and strategic thinker.
- Information architecture, information and graphic design, GUI design, design research, brand and design strategy.
- Exceptional communicator, influencing and persuading skills, highly experienced in stakeholder management.
- Malofiej gold medal – General election results map.
- Bafta – Language’s Mi Vida Loca for interactive innovation.
- Two Webby awards – BBC News Interactive for best News site.
- Official Honoree Webby Awards – GCSE Bitesize redesigned website. (The Official Honoree distinction is awarded to the top 15% of all work entered that exhibits remarkable achievement. With nearly 10,000 entries received from all 50 states and over 60 countries).
Re-designing and significantly raising the standard of the majority of BBC Learning’s portfolio including GCSE Bitesize reaching 92% of its potential audience; on average spending three minutes longer on the site than before the re-design.